Wednesday, January 21, 2009

the story behind the crooked cog(s) cycling club

photo by cuong aka buzz

what is crooked cog(s) cycling club? c4ers among us who live in twin cities, minnesota. we all are asl signers to led a full social life. we share our same passion in cycling like road ride, mountain bike, cyclocross, velodrome & triathlon.

why i brought up this portrait of sean virnig behind the rawland bike? if it was not for sean virnig, i would not be here to ride a bicycle. about three years ago, i had bad bicycle phobia due to the incident and end up to stay at the hospital for 41 days.

when sean heard about my incident, he had fundraising idea plan to discuss with madc to get me a new lemond bike. at that time, trudy suggs on behalf of madc did support his fundraising idea as green light.

however i've declined his kind offering because i've my full-time job back after my 41 days absence at work. (i was lucky cuz one staff at my company was fired for two weeks absence. but my wife did go thru the channel properly to keep my boss posted with letter from the hospital, whew!) more important, sean has shown me the way of unitying the deaf community to overcome my bicycle phobia than meet our eyes.

after i've been recovered back to normal health in few months, sean who is the one who gathered all asl signers together to start the c4. another thing, sean started his own rawland business. that is just my story behind the c4.

cuong aka buzz

No comments:

Post a Comment